Marketing and advertising
Marketing and advertising have become the object of increasing legal regulations of a highly complicated nature, as they generally involve the coordination of the intellectual property rights of several parties (musicians, models, photographers, directors, designers, etc.)
BM+O advises advertising companies, sponsors, media agencies, marketing agencies, advertising agencies and creative professionals on different legal issues related to:
- The incorporation of third parties´ works in cultural developments and advertisements (music, photographs, illustration, etc.).
- Assignment of image rights.
- Parodies and adaptation of third parties´ works for promotional purposes.
- Development of users´ content.
- Trademark use in search engines and sponsored links.
- Marketing actions and cultural developments in the Internet and social networks.
- Sponsorship and patronage.
- Authorization of draws and promotions, drafting of participants terms and conditions.
- Counseling on unfair competition cases, application of sectorial regulations and consumer law.
- Advising and representation of clients before the Advertising Autoregulation Committee (CONARP, after its initials in Spanish) on cases involving the application of advertising auto-regulation rules.